Join us on June 25th as we celebrate National Seafarers' Day. This year's theme is "At Sea for All" which aims to highlight that seafarers serve at sea not just for the shipping industry but for all of us. The purpose of the theme is let the world know that seafaring is indispensable to the world.
IMO Secretary-General Kitack Lim is asking people everywhere to show their appreciation for the seafarers that keep the wheels of the world in motion.
Here's a couple of ways to join the movement to recognize and honor Seafarers all over the world:
1. Share your gratitude via Social Media
- Facebook: Change your profile picture to the Day of the Seafarer logo on June 25th to show your support.
- Twitter: Use hashtag #AtSeaForAll.
- YouTube: Share the "Seafarers brought me..." YouTube video which illustrates the unseen connections between those who serve at sea and the things we take for granted in our everyday lives.
- Blog: Share your story about seafaring on your blog or website.
Post your best photos of experiences and sights at sea. On board, in port or in training. Yourself, your colleagues or the work you have done whilst out at sea. Join the Day of the Seafarer 2016 campaign and inspire everyone with your stories of being #AtSeaForAll